[mythtv-users] High end, state of the art Myth Frontend

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Sep 18 17:00:03 UTC 2013

On 18 Sep 2013, at 16:57, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 6:12 AM, Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:
>> What is the current best de-interlacer for high motion (sports)
>
> I'd have to say it's picking up a $5 wrench and repeatedly hitting
> whoever it was decided it should be interlaced in the first place.

I'm doing my best with my clients but it's really joe public who mucked things up by mumbling 1080 is bigger than 720 so mus' be better!?

There were people at my previous motor sports employer who said that 1080i looked better because it looked more like SD when panned, 720p looked too clean!?!

There are many many people in Television standards bodies who have said quietly into their beer that 1080i was a big mistake. 720p for broadcast, 1080p for bluray would have been great and lovely.