[mythtv-users] High end, state of the art Myth Frontend

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 18 17:46:12 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Andre Newman" <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk>

> There were people at my previous motor sports employer who said that
> 1080i looked better because it looked more like SD when panned, 720p
> looked too clean!?!

And there's a good reason for that, of course.

Whether your 720p was p24 or p30, your 1080i was i60; much higher frame
rate, and probably more suitable for racing because of that.  Makes the
pans smoother.  Of course, whether you run shutter on all cameras is
also an issue: makes the slomo's cleaner, but the sharp edges bother
some people (including me).

Cheers,
-- jra