[mythtv-users] connection issue

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 20:25:30 UTC 2013

On 09/18/2013 02:56 PM, HP-mini wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-09-18 at 10:01 -0400, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>> Greetings Mythizens, whenever I boot the box, manually or
>> automatically, the FE can't connect to the BE and asks if it is
>> running. A "status" query shows it is running, but FE will not connect
>> until I shutdown and restart the BE.
> How do you stop & restart the BE ?
> sudo service mythtv-backend stop/status/start ??

Just so as not to confuse Daryl, I had suggested earlier:

     sudo start mythtv-backend

Either way works (HP-mini's method seems to be more popular,
but it just ends executing the command I use.) So I saved a
few microseconds ;)

But I completely agree, look at the MOST RECENT run in the
backend logfile. Do the same with the frontend's log.

--
Bill