[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27 is out

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Thu Sep 19 00:08:20 UTC 2013

Hi!

On 2013-09-18 7:55 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance, but is updating as simple as clicking the
> download icon on the "Mythtv.org" site?

Only if you compile from source (most people use packages).

If you installed a package uou must wait for your packager to offer an
updated package.

 From reading your messages it looks like you are using Ubuntu so if new
packages are not currently offered by your distro you might wish to read
the following document which document what you should do:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/75156/how-do-i-update-to-the-latest-mythtv-release

(Please note that I don't use Ubuntu so I cannot verify if that
information is actually accurate.)

Have a nice day!

Nicolas