[mythtv-users] Scaling problem with mp4

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 01:34:07 UTC 2013

On 19/09/2013 2:17 AM, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 09/18/2013 09:07 AM, Igor Cicimov wrote:
>>
>> This might sound stupid but I have some problem with mp4 videos
playback, which I don't know how to name it exactly. When ever I play mp4
video I can see only the top left quarter of the picture, like some kind of
zoom or over scan. I've tried aspect ratio and zoom options from the video
menu but can't seam to find the right setting. Any ideas?

> Usually this is a problem with the video driver (possibly encountered due
to some configuration).  For example, I think this used to (still does?)
happen with AMD/ATI video, especially (only?) when the screen resolution is
lower than the video resolution due to a bug in the driver's scaling code.

Hi Mike,

Thats verry possible but the videos play fine in vlc and mplayer.

Igor