[mythtv-users] Can't re-record some old recordings

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu Sep 19 05:32:16 UTC 2013

HI David,

On 19.09.2013 00:30, David Engel wrote:

> Your new program entries have a description, but your oldrecorded
> entry doesn't.  Is your recording rule set to subtitle-only or
> subtitle-then-description?  If yes, that's the cause.  The "forget"
> logic has always been rather simple minded in that it relises and
> subtitle and description to match.  I suppose I'll have to make it
> smarter adn use the duplicate check method in place.

It is "subtitle only" since a while. Before it was "description only".

I switched my xmltv provider about 2 years ago. The old one provided
always only description.

The new one provides always subtitle and most of the time description.

This is the reason I changed the duplicate check method when I switched
the xmltv provider.

Can I implement a workaround until a fix is available?

Thanks!

Regards,
Thomas