[mythtv-users] External drive for recordings

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Sep 19 09:09:05 UTC 2013

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 07:38:32 +0100, you wrote:

>Folks:
>
>I have been unable to persuade Myth to record to an external USB hard
>disc.  For instance -
>
>/media/gt/HD2012/mythtv/recordings = 775 mythtv:mythtv
>
>Set this in the Back End Default Directories and it is ignored even
>though mounted and accessible by other means.
>
>I have succeeded previously so I must be missing something basic.
>
>Myth 1.026 under Ubuntu 13.04 running on a Revo.
>
>Any thoughts?  Many thanks.
>
>GT

Try moving an existing recording file you have watched and want to
delete now over to the drive (use the I key twice on the recording to
see its file name).  When it is on the USB drive, is it still visible
to MythTV?  If not, then you probably have a typo in your storagegroup
setup.  If it is, try deleting it.  Does that work, or are there error
messages about the delete in mythbackend.log and it stays listed in
the deleted recordings list?