[mythtv-users] connection issue

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 00:05:45 UTC 2013

On 09/19/2013 06:10 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
 > After confirming that my regular 19:00 recording did start
> automatically, I've gone in and had a look at my "mythtv-backend.conf"
> file and it looks a lot like the one on the wiki. I would guess that
> adding "sleep 5" between "script" and "test -f..." would give the same
> fix, but in a more proper way?(my file below)
>
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ cat /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf
> # MythTV Backend service
>
> description     "MythTV Backend"
> author          "Mario Limonciello <superm1 at ubuntu.com>"
>
> start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE!=lo and started udev-finish)
> stop on runlevel [016]
>
> kill timeout 10
> respawn
> respawn limit 2 3600
>
> pre-start script
>      [ -x /usr/sbin/mysqld ] || exit 0
>      for i in `seq 1 30` ; do
>         /usr/bin/mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf ping && exit 0
>         sleep .5
>      done
> end script
>
> script
> sleep 5
> test -f /etc/default/locale && . /etc/default/locale || true
> LANG=$LANG exec /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user mythtv
> end script

Correct. To be honest, it's a roll of the dice. Won't do any harm,
may not help. But, to test it, make sure your previously mentioned
hack is removed (stopping the BE and restarting it when the FE starts.)

Yes, I remember when you did it from the command line, just not
that you put it in some FE startup script/config.

--
Bill