[mythtv-users] 0.27 compile from git pull error

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 11:48:08 UTC 2013

On 20 September 2013 21:41, Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> OK, he did credit somebody else for that line (but he is not alone... (-; )
> but I am pretty sure he would have figured out the others...

determining the name of the package to install isn't always a straight
forward thing...

more often than not, I know which development header I want but I have
no idea how the package got named and you have to google it.

apt-get build-dep mythtv would have resolved all issues at once ...

its just the better approach than having to deal with individual package name