[mythtv-users] db upgrade ? please help :)

fordy ydrof fordy at ydrof.com
Fri Sep 20 23:28:27 UTC 2013

Hello All,

   Background:  I was happily running fedora 14 and mythtv .24 -- until my
boot/OS drive failed.

   I bought a new drive and loaded it up with current Fedora (19) and
installed mythtv (.26)

   I've been able to recover the mysql db mythconverg (though, i dont have
good exported backups i'm afraid), and when I attempted to upgrade (.24 ->
.26) on a copy of mythconverg (i still have the state of the DB at the time
of the hard drive crash, but i no longer have a place to run fedora 14 or
myth .24)

mythtv has partially updated DB schemas, but now seem to be stuck here now
unable to upgrade further:
Warning: MythTV wants to upgrade your database,
for the TV schema, from 1271 to 1307.

any suggestions? what are my options at this point? I'd like of course to
retain my data about episodes recorded etc.. not looking forward to a clean
slate and re-recording shows i've already watched..

thanks in  advance