[mythtv-users] MythTV backend on headless Mac Mini (Lion) Server

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sun Sep 22 03:18:31 UTC 2013

At 10:39 PM -0400 9/21/13, Stephen P. Villano wrote:
>The last time I looked, macport is still on 0.25. An older version at that.

To my knowledge, there are no commits to Fixes/0.25 that would be
significant to Mac users that are NOT in mythtv-core.25.  The last
update picked up all commits to May 29, 2013.

Yeah, I was late joining the 0.26 party!  ;)  It took me quite a few
months to figure out how to ensure that mythlogserver was running
before mythbackend in a relatively clean fashion.  Somebody finally
pointed out how a launchd parameter would do exactly that...oh well,
I never claimed to know what I'm doing!

Anyway, mythtv-core.26 was committed at MacPorts in July 2013:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/multimedia/mythtv-core.26/Portfile

I've got 0.27 to build but I need to actually do some testing with it
before releasing it on unsuspecting folks.  I literally don't know if
the binaries will run or fail at this point.  Anybody want to help?

Craig