[mythtv-users] NVidia/overscan problem

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 24 02:03:32 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com

> That overscan hack that I mentioned in the Wiki relies on the nVidia binary
> drivers. If that's a game changer, then maybe you have to try something
> else.

No, I switched to them, and they build a traditional xorg.conf...

> As to the overscan in the frontend setup of MythTV, I've had problems
> getting that to work, too. I did have it working and then it didn't
> survive a system/mythtv update for some reason. The cool thing about the
> nVidia xorg.conf settings is that it affects all of X, not just MythTV.

And this was my real, goal, yes; the internal setting were just "get on
with the work".

> You have the modeline. If you get that working, you've already done the
> hard part. The nVidia settings are not that hard to adjust to your liking,
> but you do need to be running the nVidia binary drivers.

And *figure out how to get them to use that*, since they want to do all the
thinking for themselves, apparently; I put it in, and they're ignoring it.

> I wish you good luck. It sounds like a weekend project.

This, and the tuner problems I mentioned in another posting, have eaten
nearly all of my waking hours since Saturday morning, including a 10 hour
shift today.

Cheers,
-- jra