[mythtv-users] nvidia help

glen glenb at glenb.us
Tue Sep 24 21:39:29 UTC 2013

On 09/24/2013 01:25 PM, HP-mini wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-09-24 at 12:23 -0700, glen wrote:
>>> It could I guess, but it its odd that vdpau shouldn't work beacuse of
>>> broken hardware. Have you seen other symptoms?
>>>
>>> Have you tried different players like VLC or similar? Just to rule
>>> Mythtv out.
>> i have used xbmc using vdpau and it took some fiddling. i had to disable
>> sync monitor to framerate and enable sync playback to display, and it
>> was perfect. which is the opposite of what i would have thought. i
>> suspect some the issues may be related to the samsung which on my model
>> has terrible reviews about the motion engine. but the tv will play a
>> cable box or roku or blu ray very well. thanks for the help. probably
>> i'll get another card. the board does not have hdmi out or else i would
>> try just remove card and see how intel drivers do, the processor chip
>> has video.
> Does the mobo have DVI output. Try a passive cable adapter.
>
> MythTV (from 0.24?) hard-coded the video frame sync to the framerate.
> This results in sub-optimal playback if you can't use "perfect" screen
> video modes.
> It also makes no improvement for those who are using "perfect" modes.
>
> At least XBMC sees the sense in making that config option.
thanx for the help. motherboard and video card both have dvi out. what
is a passive cable adapter ? do you mean go out of the dvi on the nvidia
and get cable converter to hdmi for tv connection. ?. i could go out of
the mobo dvi with convert to vga plug and to television, but then i
would have to switch to intel graphics and remove nvidia from unit or
possible just remove kernel module ? .. not sure what you are suggesting.