[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27 is out

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Wed Sep 25 01:56:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 1:37 AM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
> I'm glad you're involved with Gentoo, Rich. I thought Doug Goldstein was
> still taking the lead, and he seemed to have lost interest in maintaining it
> (I can relate).

He's actually been taking care of 0.25.3 - looks like it hasn't been
updated in a while but I guess he's still a release back.

> I did notice the -fixes updates, but I hadn't seen any
> 0.27_pre ebuilds, so I just figured the project was languishing again.
> Anyway, thanks for your help.

My main challenge is that my only mythtv setup is my production setup
where WAF is fairly important.  The main thing that was holding me
back was that my front-end was on minimyth.  Nothing wrong with
minimyth, but keeping front-end and back-end in sync is important with
mythtv, and having half the system non-Gentoo really slowed my updates
(basically I had to go through all the upgrade hassles twice anytime I
touched anything).

Now my frontend is just booting Gentoo on an nfs root and that means
that when I want to test a new ebuild I can stick it in my overlay and
update both at the same time.

That said, I was a bit reluctant to dive into 0.27 pre-release.  Now
that it is out I'll see if I can get it into the tree.  I'd hope that
0.26-fixes wasn't too far behind it so it shouldn't be too big a deal.
 Again, feel free to email anything you already have working/etc.

Rich