[mythtv-users] CD/DVD Monitor option missing

Bob Long bob at oblong.com.au
Wed Sep 25 10:24:36 UTC 2013

Kenni wrote,

> Den 25/09/2013 02.57 skrev "Bob Long" <bob at oblong.com.au
> <mailto:bob at oblong.com.au>>:
>>
>> I've just upgraded to 0.27, apparantly successfully. I was previously
> 0.25.
>>
>> With 0.25 I had the problem that the insertion of a DVD didn't seem to
>> prompt to play or change to the DVD menu. Now with 0.27 I thought I'd
>> check that out again.
>>
>> In frontend Setup|Media Settings|Videos Settings|General there is the
>> option of whether to play the DVD or other action. Ok so far.
>>
>> Supposedly, frontend Setup|General is meant to have a page with a
>> checkbox to monitor CD/DVD. But that option is not there. The only field
>> is "Ignore Devices:" (which is empty).
>>
>> I can't remember what 0.25 had there.
>>
>> I've tried a few themes, but all the same.
>>
>> What have I missed?
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/commit/?id=d75106ba4fddfb14184b93256f216ff7e0fae9a8

Ok, so as I understand it, the option has gone. Fair enough.

(But the help for the playing options field in Setup|Media
Settings|Videos Settings|General needs to be changed so it no longer
says "Media monitoring should be turned on to allow this feature (Setup
-> General -> CD/DVD Monitor)."

But presumably the option to play a DVD in Setup|Media Settings|Videos
Settings|General should work?

It doesn't for me.

The frontend log says:

Sep 25 19:50:39 mythbrind mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[2063]: E
Monitor mythmedia.cpp:168 (performMountCmd) Failed to mount /dev/sr0.

Ubuntu settings has "Removable Media" for DVD video set to "Do nothing"
(and there is no visual prompt from anything to play the DVD).

Media Settings|Video Settings|Player Settings has default and DVD
players set to Internal Player. "DVD drive" is set to /dev/sr0.

When I manually start playing the DVD from the Optical Drives menu it
plays fine. Doing M|Playback|Playback data shows it is using "//dev/sr0".

Any ideas on what has gone wrong, or some setting that is incorrect? Is
that double slash significant somehow, given other references show a
single slash?

--
Bob Long