[mythtv-users] mythweb issue: data directory is not writable by apache. Please check permissions.data directory is not writable by apache. Please check permissions.

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 18:12:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > ...Any idea as to how long Fedora 18 will be supported?
>
> The Fedora release life schedule is at:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle?rd=LifeCycle
>
> The Fedora release cycle states that F20 is
> currently scheduled to be released on/about
> early December.  F18 will end support a month
> later.  Historically, things tend to not go exactly
> as planned (scheduled), so maybe a little bit
> longer.
>
> With Fedora, expect to need to upgrade every
> year (if you want to stay supported, and do not
> need the latest and greatest), and to have the
> ability to upgrade to the latest and greatest
> every six months (or so).
>
> Fedora is a "leading/bleeding" edge distro.
> Sometimes that is a good thing, and sometimes
> it is a bad thing (and sometimes it is an ugly
> thing :-)  If one's goal is long term stability and
> support, you might need to look elsewhere.

Thanks.  I have been riding the fedora upgrade train quite a long time now
(and was typically doing my upgrade every thanksgiving break because it
gave me some time and I could just jump two release points and that was
about the time frame my current version would EOL).  I just didn't upgrade
from 16 because the preupgrade process to Fedora 17 (and I believe Fedora
17 itself) requires a /boot partition much larger than 200 megs, even
though that worked in the past, and I had no way of expanding the /boot
partition from 200 megs.  There were also major warnings about upgrading to
17 with YUM.

I am just wondering, once I upgrade to 18, how long that will be around,
and it looks like it will be supported till at least the end of the year.
I guess I can just plan on upgrading to 18 soon or upgrade to 19 during
thanksgiving time and restart my typical schedule.  I was doing upgrades to
every odd numbered release and will probably maintain that.  It seems a
little better to be one release behind.  Makes me somewhat regret not just
installing this on CentOS originally.