[mythtv-users] Lossless Cut

ktmom Laughlin laughlin_jb at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 26 22:04:32 UTC 2013

Doug, thanks for your reply.  There was to be a problem with the myth python bindings. The output was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/mythpython", line 15, in <module>
    import MythTV.tmdb.tmdb_api
ImportError: No module named tmdb.tmdb_api

So I compared the /usr/share/mythtv directory with another one and found some missing files (I have no idea where they went, this worked 3 days ago). After coping the tmdb.py file and something else (senior moment) now when I run your command I get;
MythTV Python Bindings
  local versions
    bindings version:         0.25.0.1
    ttvdb version:            1.2.1
    tmdb version:             v0.2.6
  external versions
    lxml version:             2.3.2
    MySQLdb version:          1.2.3.final.0
  protocol versions
    backend:                  72
    schema:                   1299
    music schema:             1018
    netvision schema:         1007

So I reran the test and got;
$ lossless_cut -f "/var/lib/mythtv/recordings/1131_20130925203000.mpg" --test
Acquiring access to MythTV failed, aborting script.
Error(MythTV python bindings could not be imported, error(HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error))

 Obviously something is still wrong.  Any ideas?