[mythtv-users] Compiling QT and then compiling mythtv with OpenGL support

John H arizonamythtv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 15:45:18 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 21:43 -0700, John H wrote:
>> I compiled QT4.8.5 with opengl support (--opengl desktop) and I see
>> the QtOpenGL directory under /usr/local/Trolltech/QT4.8.5 but when I
>> try to compile mythtv I can't get it to compile with opengl support. I
>> take it my problem is that the configure file is checking for a
>> package and since I don't have a package since I installed qt with
>> make install it's thinking that opengl support isn't available. How
>> can I compile this with opengl?
>>
>> pkg-config --variable=qt_config QtOpenGL
>>
>This does not directly answer your question but I build QT4.8.6 & Mythtv
>with something very close to the attached...
>
>I fairly sure OpenGL is functional here (in Mythtv)..
>
>I have sucessfully built makemkv against this local Qt with modified
>makefiles (in makemkv).

Thanks for the help. After I sent the original message, I just opened the
configure file and removed the opengl disable from the two spots. I
compiled and all is working with opengl and vdpau. It was obvious the first
time that opengl was missing since the picture didn't look so good compared
to now.