[mythtv-users] upgrade and now mythweb is broke

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 14:18:24 UTC 2013

On 09/28/2013 07:46 AM, Larry Roberts wrote:
 > The short version is that after the upgrade, when I go into mythweb I show nothing on the upcoming recordings, however if I go to status I see
> some recording being scheduled.
> If I go to the recorded section I see all my recordings, but with no thumbnails and in the /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend log I get:
>
> ( this is a single entry but I get a ton of these)
> 2013-09-27 23:35:51.548674 E [4297/4373] HttpServer114 services/content.cpp:457 (GetPreviewImage) - GetPreviewImage: No recording for
> '6_2012-01-06T04:00:00'

Short question: Do you *know* that mythweb was updated along with
the rest of MythTV?

The error sounds like mythweb is using the wrong data for the channel ID.

The error message is coming from the Services API. To see what command is
being sent from mythweb to the backend, type the following into a running
backend:

     mythbackend --setverbose upnp

That will give you some extra logging. Go to the mythweb section you tried
above and watch the backend log. You'll see the a line with text like:

     GET /Content/GetPreviewImage.....

It's the ..... you're interested in. The StartTime looks reasonable,
but the ChanId (6) doesn't (I'd expect a 4 digit number.)

If you verify that ChanId=6 is being sent, then you get to figure out
where mythweb is getting it. Probably not your DB if your frontend(s)
work OK. That's why my 1st guess is an incorrect mythweb version.

mythbackend --setverbose general shuts off the extra logging.

--
Bill