[mythtv-users] Controlling STB with Lirc

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 13:28:22 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM, aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's a Motorola box, so maybe it's also a Motorola remote
>
> Probably.  Do you know which model it is?  Are there any other ports
> on the back of the box that you might use for control?  (Firewire,
> ethernet, or even RS232?)

There is a USB port on the front (which I understand is "disabled"
according to Bell. I haven't tried plugging anything in)
There is an Ethernet port on the back, which the Myth box is plugged into,
to get internet access
There is either another USB or eSATA port on the back (I didn't look
closely enough to confirm which), which I also haven't tried plugging into,
and I understand is also "disabled" according to Bell.
I don't recall seeing any Firewire nor RS232 ports (and my Myth box doesn't
have either anyway)

The model is ... er, VIP-2262 I think..... I'll have to confirm that later,
sorry.

aaron