[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27 is out

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Sep 30 14:56:46 UTC 2013

Am 25.09.2013 03:56, schrieb Rich Freeman:

> My main challenge is that my only mythtv setup is my production setup
> where WAF is fairly important.  The main thing that was holding me
> back was that my front-end was on minimyth.  Nothing wrong with
> minimyth, but keeping front-end and back-end in sync is important with
> mythtv, and having half the system non-Gentoo really slowed my updates
> (basically I had to go through all the upgrade hassles twice anytime I
> touched anything).
>
> Now my frontend is just booting Gentoo on an nfs root and that means
> that when I want to test a new ebuild I can stick it in my overlay and
> update both at the same time.
>
> That said, I was a bit reluctant to dive into 0.27 pre-release.  Now
> that it is out I'll see if I can get it into the tree.  I'd hope that
> 0.26-fixes wasn't too far behind it so it shouldn't be too big a deal.
>  Again, feel free to email anything you already have working/etc.

Same here, still minimyth on FE ... found the other thread with the
minimyth-0.27-builds but unfortunately this release does not support my
ancient nvidia card anymore :-(

This means either switching to a self-built nfs-based gentoo-build (with
old nvidia-drivers) or somehow getting newer hardware.

Rich, would you mind telling us how you set up your nfs-based-FE? Maybe
even share the tarball? ;-)

Thanks for your work, I'd be happy to help test things ... Stefan