[mythtv-users] can't find mythfilldatabase logs after 0.25 to 0.27 upgrade

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 15:57:32 UTC 2013

On 09/30/2013 10:13 AM, Zig wrote:
> I upgraded mythbuntu from 0.25 to 0.27 several weeks agon and since then /var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log is no longer getting updates.  I
> can't find another mythfilldatabase.log anywhere else on the system.
>
> Don't get me wrong, mythfilldatabase is still working, It just doesn't seem to be logging.  I wanted to verify that the command line options
> (--dd-grab-all) that I added via the backend setup screens were indeed taking effect.
>
> Was logging disabled in the new version?  Is there a way to enable it?
> Thanks.

This was brought up back on 9/24. You're right, every thing's
fine, just no logs.  If you start your backend with the -v system
flag, I *think* you'll see a line like this in your BE log when
MFDB runs:

      ... command=/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all --verbose general,system --logpath /var/log/mythtv --loglevel debug --quiet --quiet

where, in my case all the logging options are correct, except
the additional --quiet one.

I think mythsystemlegacy() is checking if you (or I) have the
--quiet flag set. And, if so, it appends the 2nd quiet and
that prevents the log.

Are you starting your backend with --quiet?

     ps ax|grep mythbackend|grep -v grep

would tell you.

--
Bill