[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: RF blaster

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 18:59:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> That sounds doable, but also unfortunate.  A device like this should
> be fully controllable over ethernet.

And the (limited) docs (that I quickly reviewed) for these
boxes indicate that it does provide IP based support, and
all the MSO has to do is write apps (or use some reference
designs) to support it all.  I have no idea if the OP's MSO
is supporting any of that.

> As long as firewire channel changing continues to work,
> I haven't got a lot of motivation.

Firewire seems to be (slowly) going away.  The FCC
waiver allows IP solutions to be an alternative for most.
The capabilities over IP, however, will vary based on
MSO.  The future appears to be the DLNA Premium
Video Profile (and DTCP-IP).

Gary