[mythtv-users] drivers for Ceton InfiniTV USB tuner

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Sep 30 19:43:30 UTC 2013

You still need to USB drivers. The USB model Ceton uses the ECM drivers to
support the network part of the device, so you will be able to access the
Ceton's web interface even if you don't have any drivers installed (so it's
sort of a misdirection that makes you think it's all working). However, the
RTP streaming does not work without the USB drivers running. I can't recall
if you need to merely install the drivers, or if there is a process that
you need to make sure starts (that might only be for the tuning adapter
driver...I always get those two mixed up as I have neither tuning adapters
nor a USB model).

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Greg Tippitt <gtippitt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are the USB Linux drivers from the Ceton website required if I am
> using the MythTV 26 from the testing PPA and have the Ceton Driver
> from that PPA installed?
>

> I recently got a Ceton USB 4 tuner that I'm trying to get working.
>  I've had MythTV running with other tuners for OTA with an antenna for
>  several months that are working fine.  I just had WOW digital cable
>  installed and want to get MythTV working for this, because the CISCO
>  DVR is horrible.
>
>  I am running Ubuntu 13.04 Raring with MythTV 26 from the MythBuntu
>  Testing PPA.  I can access the Ceton device through the web interface
>  without any problem.  When I try to record a program with the tuner,
>  all I get is an empty file.  Since the Cetron drivers for their PCI
>  device are now included with MythTV, is the USB driver from the Ceton
>  website needed?  The USB driver from the Ceton website is not included
>  in the PPA.  I've tried to compile it, but I get compiler errors that
>  I don't know how to fix.
>
>  Can someone tell me if the USB drivers from Ceton are needed.  If they
>  are, does anyone have a copy that will compile clean?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Greg

Ron Frazier