[mythtv-users] Connect to MySQL failed

C.I. icntfrm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 03:43:35 UTC 2014

Hello everybody,

I'm using OpenElec 3.2.4 on a Zotac ID83 and so far it's working great.
I'm so happy with it.

Lately, I've connected a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q USB Tuner to try to
watch some over-the-air channels, channels that I can receive with my
TV. I've tried so many settings for MythTV and MythTV cmyth PVR Client
but for some reason I'm getting the same message all the time: "Connect
to MySQL failed: 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server". I'm out of ideas,
I tried to find some solutions on Google but... no success. That's why
I'm asking this community to help me.

I'm using Ubuntu on my laptop so I'm kind of familiar with terminal and
I can connect to my OpenElec box (Zotac) using SSH. I just don't know
what to check or how to troubleshoot.

Would you, guys, help me? PLEASE...!

Thank you in advance.

icntf