[mythtv-users] How to enable frontend and backend logs for Arch?

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 21:14:17 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 3:54 PM, david brooke
<david2012brooke at gmail.com>wrote:I have posted my record of what I did
to install mythtv here:

> https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=12218.0
>
> Currently Mythtv seems to be running OK except for the user issue that
> documented in the above post. I use it daily on multiple frontends,
> recording TV shows, viewing videos, etc.... Let me know if you need more
> info.
> Thanks

Looks like you haven't enabled the daemon: systemctl enable mythbackend. I
guess you are starting the backend from a terminal with no logging options,
so that's why you have no logs written.

For your user issue, I recommend copying the service file to
/etc/systemd/system/ and editing there, because the other one will be
overwritten next time the package is upgraded. See the end of this section:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd#Editing_provided_unit_files

Your tuner(s) probably don't work because systemd isn't waiting for them to
be initialized before starting mythbackend. Add to the service file Wants
and After for each tuner like this:
In this example the tuners are at /dev/dvb/adapter{0,1}/frontend0

[Unit]
Description=MythTV Backend
After=network.target mysqld.service
Wants=dev-dvb-adapter0-frontend0.device