[mythtv-users] More schedules direct problems

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 13:04:48 UTC 2014

On 4/2/14, 12:21 AM, faginbagin wrote:
> I do think mythfilldatabase could do a better job figuring out what
> is and is not a successful run. It has been reporting success, even
> when every download attempt in a given run has timed out and no new
> listings data has been added to my system.

Add me to the list.   I was gone for a week or so, and when I came back
I had many fewer recordings than I expected.   When I looked at the
channel listings in MythWeb, only my antenna tuner had listings, and my
hd-pvr (my primary tuner) had nothing.

MythWeb backend status said that mythfilldatabase had completed
successfully, which I feel is a bit of a lie.

My mythfilldatabase.log file is present but empty.  How do I fix this?

Running mythfilldatabase manually seemed to populate the guide fine
(from schedulesdirect).  Based on a little bit of googling, I unchecked
the option to use the schedulesdirect-recommended pull time in the
mythbackend setup, and I also moved the time window forward an hour.   I
have no idea if either of those things are going to help.

Worst-case scenario maybe I add mythfilldatabase to a cron job.  But
that seems redundant.   Does anybody know what might be going on?

Thanks
-WD