[mythtv-users] LircChannelChanger / HD Channels - Going to wrong channel

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 16:06:04 UTC 2014

On 04/02/2014 04:00 PM, Philip Isaacs wrote:
> I know when I created the STB's conf file I had a ton of trouble. The
> Cable Box is a Cisco RNG150N and it seems like every lircd.conf that I
> found online that claim to work with this box didn't, so I ended up
> recording my own using the irrecord command. But to get it to take I had
> to force it (command line switch -f) to use the raw mode. Perhaps this
> is the problem. The raw commands are messing things up.
>
> Is that possible?

Yes it is, and it can take a bit of fiddling to get that to work
reliably. I had to do the same (i.e. use raw mode), and it's taken me
many months of tweaking to get right.

I've only ever done this once (i.e. with my STB which is not a Cisco),
but the two things I've done that made the most difference to
reliability were:

- keep it as simple as possible. Include only one iteration of the raw
codes in your config file.

- use a reasonable interdigit time. Pick something that is close to what
a human could achieve when using the remote, but not too long so as to
avoid that the STB thinks you're done sending digits. I've set mine to
350ms:

LircChannelChanger --remote=digibox --transmitter=1 --delay=0.350
--digitprefix=Num $1

HTH, Jan