[mythtv-users] Connect to MySQL failed

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 00:15:23 UTC 2014

> I have configured first MythTV cmyth PVR Client (this is the backend, I guess) and then I configured MythTV (frontend).

Nope, I don't think so. MythTV cmyth PVR client sounds like a frontend to me, so you probably have two frontends and no backend. mythbackend is a stand alone application and it is configured by mythtv-setup. If you haven't explicitly run both these programs (ie "mythbackend" and "mythtv-setup" are the names of the executable files) then you don't have a running backend. I don't think mythbackend can be installed 'through' anything else or as a plugin, just not possible.