[mythtv-users] Updated mythbuntu theme version 28

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Thu Apr 3 15:45:10 UTC 2014

> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=110&p=462#p462
>
> You can see the text shadow fuzz, the blotches, and the vertical banding there.
>
> (If there's a place I should upload pictures for this mailing list, please let me know.  I figured including the images in this reply was probably bad etiquette.  But I could direct e-mail the images to anyone who wants me to send them.)

That is super weird, I'm not even sure what would cause that. I'm
asking some other theme developers on it now.

> But I have to say, it is just way too big.  It looks like it makes sense in your screenshot preview but when you blow that screenshot up on a 60"+ TV, you can read the menu text from my neighbor's house.  Also, the exit dialog popup fills the whole height of the screen now - which I assume is connected to the font size change.  If I'm alone in thinking it is too big now, then hopefully there's a way for me to individually tweak the font size in the theme.

Can you grab a couple more items for me.

1) Go to the main menu screen.
2) Please take a picture with your camera of the full screen
3) Please take a screenshot of the full screen
4) Open a terminal and get the output of 'xrandr'
5) What is the model number of your TV.

>> You could, but if there are issues I'd rather try to fix them.
>
> I appreciate you being interested in fixing the theme.  And I'll certainly support that!  But for now, so I don't risk damaging the WAF, it'd be good to get things back the way it was - if only temporarily.  Also, it would be useful so that I could test any changes you might make and know that I can put things back to working after testing, if the test didn't work out.  So if you could let me know the best way to return to 27.1, I'd appreciate it.

You can download the previous version from
ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/0.27/

The best way to keep that theme is to change

1) Download the theme and extract it to your home directory.
2) Rename the folder from 'Mythbuntu' to 'Mythbuntu27'
3) Edit themeinfo.xml in that folder and find the <name> field. Change
'Mythbuntu' to 'Mythbuntu27'
4) Move the folder to ~/.mythtv/themes/

You should now be able to switch between 'Mythbuntu' and 'Mythbuntu27'
from the theme chooser.

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos