[mythtv-users] Ticket 11377 was: Region free DVD player?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 11:45:26 UTC 2014

Hi

Le vendredi 4 avril 2014, Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk> a écrit :

> >> <http://www.avenard.org/files/media/mediatest/Ondine_clip.mpg>FWIW, I
> have multiple DVB-C MPEG2 channels which are unwatchable due
> to pixelation when using the MythTV VDPAU decoder. It plays fine when
> using another decoder or using mplayer with VDPAU. I don't know if
> you're seeing the same thing, but if I playback an affected recording
> with a non-VDPAU decoder profile, seeking will be inaccurate even
> though playback is fine.

CAN you try this?

Go into  setup -> videos -> playback! and edit your vdpau profile! for each
entries (there can be two), and in the deinterlacers settings, set them
both to none. No deinterlacers at all.

The way mythtv uses vdpau is in almost every way identical to how mplayer
does it. They share a common code after all..

On the other hand, by default mplayer doesn't deinterlace it's input.  So
there's a difference right there...