[mythtv-users] Ticket 11377 was: Region free DVD player?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Fri Apr 4 20:55:40 UTC 2014

> Hi

>> to pixelation when using the MythTV VDPAU decoder. It plays fine when
>> using another decoder or using mplayer with VDPAU. I don't know if
>> you're seeing the same thing, but if I playback an affected recording
>> with a non-VDPAU decoder profile, seeking will be inaccurate even
>> though playback is fine.
>

> CAN you try this?
>
> Go into  setup -> videos -> playback! and edit your vdpau profile! for each
> entries (there can be two), and in the deinterlacers settings, set them both
> to none. No deinterlacers at all.
>
> The way mythtv uses vdpau is in almost every way identical to how mplayer
> does it. They share a common code after all..
>
> On the other hand, by default mplayer doesn't deinterlace it's input.  So
> there's a difference right there...

I've just tested it and setting both the primary and fallback
deinterlacer to none unfortunately doesn't have any effect on the
pixelation issue.

The following sample plays nicely with a non-VDPAU decoder in MythTV
or in mplayer with VDPAU ("mplayer -vo vdpau -vc ffmpeg12vdpau
Kanal4_sample_with_playback_issues.mpg"), but doesn't play well in
MythTV with VDPAU with or without deinterlacers:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/87953940/Kanal4_sample_with_playback_issues.mpg

Best regards
Kenni