[mythtv-users] Blue Abstract Theme and .27

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 22:36:24 UTC 2014

> I have used it every day since 0.27 was released and never had any
> problems with it.
>
> I am running version 1.11
>
> Michael

I have an old theme (not Blue Abstract) that I used as the base of a personal theme when I knew a lot less than I do now (don't read that as meaning I know much now). It was probably 0.25/fixes vintage give or take. It is moderately customised particularly in the recordings screen and works perfectly to the eye and has great WAF. I have been using it for best part of 12months or so now. But if I look in the logs nearly every screen generates some sort of error. Some screens spew errors as fast as it can write them to the log. I am lucky that to date MythTV handles the errors quite gracefully and invisibly to the 'naked eye', but I am aware that I am probably on borrowed time until there are further changes in MythTV that will break my personal theme - unless I make the necessary updates (which I will do eventually).

No doubt the major revisions (ie 0.27 to 0.28) are the times most likely to cause such breakages and the more major revisions that pass the greater the likelihood of breakage (I assume).

YMMV.