[mythtv-users] Migration Mythbuntu 10.04 to Mythbuntu 12.04 stuck, Need Help

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 01:34:17 UTC 2014

Mike,

Thanks for your thoughts.  I hadn't considered the web interface, but
as a fresh, minimally configured install plus the database restore
from the predecessor system, I just assumed (I _do_ have an image
backup) that it was merely a precautionary message, not triggered by
_knowing_ that there were other connections active.  I went ahead and
told it to go for it.  I ran out of time before this evening's
recording events arrived to do any detailed testing, but I did record
a couple of show clips and playback with audio was working (after some
repair work -- see further on), so maybe I'm almost done.  Hopefully
tomorrow will see me done with dotting 'i's and crossing 't's.  Then
it's on to building the matching frontend image to deploy on the
remote systems (bedroom & family room).  Then I can delve into all the
wonderful "I didn't know about that" things I ran across in trying to
get Myth to behave.  I had a bit of a panic when the clips didn't play
any audio and kept tuning to one station, but I remembered that I
didn't start the lirc device driver daemon for my usb-based IR
transceiver (IguanaIR) and the audio device selection needed to be
changed in migrating from Mythbuntu 10.04 to 12.04.  Once that was all
sorted out, things are working better. After some more testing, it's
on to reconnecting things like lm-sensors temperature reporting,
re-establishing automation connected with shutdown and startup doing
things like re-generating user friendly file names for all recordings,
database optimizing, db backups, custom log rotation definitions,
wake-up alarm settings, etc.

--
Craig.