[mythtv-users] Is there a lag in rescheduling after changing programid?

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 04:22:29 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 10:38 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> > On 5 Apr 2014, at 9:49 am, "Ian Evans" <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > CTV2 in Canada is sometimes not sending full episode info to Tribune, so
> I've been getting generic episode listings.
> >
> > I updated the subtitle. description and changed programid for one of the
> episodes to its correct EP006356110003. Two weeks from now, the same
> episode is airing (this time with full info) and has EP006356110003 as the
> programid from Schedules Direct.
> >
> > It's still showing as going to record. Is there much of a lag between
> changing the info and rescheduling?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Where did you change it, recorded table or oldrecorded table? And how did
> you change it (I assume direct database manipulation)? And how did you know
> what the correct programid was going to be (just curious, I would love to
> know where programid's come from and if there is consistency between
> broadcasters / countries)?

It was changed in the recorded table. Changed through phpmyadmin. I changed
the ID after the program was recorded and I was able to see which epsiode
it was (old series so just look up the plot and get the season/episode
numbers). The episode id came from looking it up in the zap2it database and
the episode id# there matched the id of the upcoming non-generic broadcast
of the episode.