[mythtv-users] Contemplating a major change

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Sat Apr 5 06:43:58 UTC 2014

I'm planning a major upgrade of my system, from Mythbuntu
12.04/fixes/0.25 to Mythbuntu 14.04/fixes/0.27. At the same time I'm
also planning to rearrange the entire file system so that I have a
relatively small (64gb) system ssd a 250gb ssd to mount /var and a 4tb
hardware RAID volume for /home where I plan to keep all of my storage
groups and some other stuff.

My plan is to backup my database to an NAS, and copy all of my storage
group directories to the NAS, do a new install of Mythbuntu 14.04, copy
the storage group directories to /home, restore the database, make sure
the directories I set with mythsetup are correct, and go. Have I missed
something vital?

--
mike