[mythtv-users] Humming Noise coming from LCD tv

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Sun Apr 6 12:05:35 UTC 2014

On 4 Apr 2014, at 15:59, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> I went with a Corsair water cooler for the machine in my living room,
> which also serves as the backend.  I've been very disappointed in the
> noise level of that.  I've seen one other system that uses it, and it
> seemed a lot quieter, so maybe I just have a bad unit.

I have one of those in my MythTV & other media server backend, the supplied Corsair radiator fan was very noisy but I had a lot of bequiet fans with the serrated blades (breaks up the noise supposedly) so I used a 120mm one of those instead and it’s extremely quiet and i7 cpu runs <60 degrees even when encoding multiple h264 streams.

Andre