[mythtv-users] Is there a lag in rescheduling after changing programid?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 7 10:18:16 UTC 2014

On 04/07/2014 12:34 AM, Ian Evans wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>> /me thinks someone needs to use --dd-grab-all, and pick up the change as
>> soon as TMS (and, therefore, zap2it) has it without ever needing to a)
>> manually check programid's or b) directly edit database data right out from
>> under MythTV's feet...
>>

> Michael,
>
> "Me knows" I've been using --dd-grab-all for a couple of years now. Run
> daily.
>
> When I say I'm grabbing the programid from zap2it I don't mean I'm grabbing
> it from their database of upcoming shows and inserting it before my
> listings are updated. I mean that the listings this channel gives Tribune
> sucks. I mean I'm grabbing it from their historical info. e.g.
>
> CHCJ in the Toronto area is airing Corner Gas. For weeks and weeks they air
> it without any episode title or description given to TMS/SD at all.
>
> I look at the first few minutes and realize it's Pilates Twist. I search
> for it on zap2it's site with Google:
>
> http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/corner-gas-pilates-twist/EP006356110003?aid=zap2it
>
> This is NOT a current listing, just their historical data.

In that case, I highly recommend you not mess around with trying to
update the program ID in your database.  Since MythTV recorded it as a
generic, the episode will be scheduled to re-record if it ever airs
again, at which point you can either "Never record" it or let it record
and delete it (or you may just enjoy re-watching some or all of it
before deleting it).

Feel free to use the Watch Recordings screen's MENU|Recording
Options|Change Recording Metadata to change the subtitle and/or
description, but changing the program ID doesn't add much benefit.

Mike