[mythtv-users] one specific recording failing

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 23:01:40 UTC 2014

On 4/9/14, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> What the log says is that the recording never starts.  Mythbackend
> tells the tuner to start sending it data to record, but that data
> never starts arriving.

That's really weird because I checked the machine during the recording interval.
What I observed is that in 'watch recordings', the show is there, and
highlighted with green, ie an in-progress recording. I have not tried
using lsof to find which file it is writing to and checking that the
file is growing, but I can see the disk access light working just as
though the data is being recorded.

> It might give a bit more information if you try a manual recording
> starting say 10 minutes before and ending 10 minutes after ABC News.

When this all started I did try starting a recording via the program guide,
ie selected a show due to start shortly and marked it for record. Worked great.
I didn't try this for this specific show however.

> And I would suggest telling mythbackend to log a bit more.  I would
> recommend changing the logging settings to:
>
>   -v record --loglevel debug
>
> You can do that by editing the mythbackend command line in
> /etc/init/mythbackend.conf (for Mythbuntu), or you can use mythutil to
> change the settings on the fly before your test recording starts:
>
>   mythutil -v record --loglevel debug

Yes. I took a look at 'mythbackend -v help' but was unsure how to get
the flags passed in to mythbackend. I think I looked at
/etc/init/mythbackend.conf but clearly I need to go look again.

Thanks for the suggestions, will report back.
Vince