[mythtv-users] MythTV Mac Announcement

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 01:07:24 UTC 2014

On 9 April 2014 10:38, Sam Jacobs <samlists at ijacobs.co.uk> wrote:

> I haven't looked at the code, but that's what *seems* to be happening. What gets me though, is if that is so, if tmdb3.py really *is* behaving that way, is how it could've worked for anyone, ever!

The test if the file exists first is recent (6 weeks ago). My guess is
that before that the file was simply created if it didn't exists.

try the same on your linux box, delete the file and run the script again...

you'll get: "Unable to access cache file: /home/myth/.mythtv/pytmdb3.cache"

it's a regression that was introduced in that last commit. Meaning
that metadata for movies *will* fail on all new install.