[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime tuner priority

John Marshall mythtv at marshallparty.org
Wed Apr 9 02:26:34 UTC 2014

> I have a slingbox, that is pretty much useless without another freaking
> cablebox. However, I connected a Raspberry Pi to it via the composite
> video. Using XBMC, it can use uPNP and it streams everything non DRM
> from the Prime beautifully. It solves the slingbox issue.

So I'm clear, did you hook the Pi to the Slingbox, or replace the
Slingbox with the Pi?

Have you tried using the Myth PVR plugin for XBMC?  You'll need Gotham
beta if you have .27, but to my knowledge it talks to MythTV
appropriately, so if you are watching live TV Myth will know about the
tuner usage.  You also get a tv guide.