[mythtv-users] the heartbleed openssl bug and mythtv

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 20:51:46 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 8:23 PM, John Marshall <mythtv at marshallparty.org> wrote:
> I run MythWeb, but have never exposed it outside of my internal
> network/router.  I'm guessing this is relatively safe unless I've already
> been compromised in some way that allows at attacker onto my network?

This is not a security forum, but be aware that most consumer
grade "routers"/"modems" are vulnerable to other issues (and
a lot of the D-Link/Linksys/Asus/Netgear's of the world are
usually not all that interested in upgrading your firmware for
a one year old unit with fixes;  they make money when you buy
a new unit, not fixing old ones).  Look up various upnp, dns
poisoning issues in the usual places.

So, "safe" is, as you say, relative.