[mythtv-users] Updated mythbuntu theme version 28 (for MythTV 0.27)

Kevin Johnson iitywygms at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 16:52:57 UTC 2014

> 1.  When using the guide or other menus, it keep thinking my tv has burn
> in.
> > The area behind the title, description, and date/time is slightly darker
> > than the rest of the background.  I know this is probably by design, but
> if
> > I had a choice, I would have all the background one shade of colour.
> >

> Are you sure you are on the latest version? 28.8 did precisely this,
> made the background a single color. The background is actually the one
> posted here https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=110&p=462#p477

I am on the latest.  BUT after thinking about this.  I have a custom xml
file that I keep in my home directory.  I had changed it to put a button
for opening xbmc from the mythtv menu.
I should remove all that, reinstall the latest theme and test it again.

> 2. This might be something else in my setup, but when changing channels in
> > flashes to the main menu for a brief second.  Not a big deal but if I
> could
> > fix that I would.  Did not do that on previous versions. (at least that I
> > remember)
> >

> Are you also changing to a different input on that? That seems really odd.
>
> Again, I should do a fresh theme install and see if that helps.  But from
what I am reading I am not the only one experiencing this.  And no, I am
not switching inputs.