[mythtv-users] How to disable MythBuntu auto-mount?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Apr 10 18:25:19 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 20:17 +0200, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Brian,

Hi,

> As said I can restart the frontend without restarting the X server

So can I, even without a window manager.  I just make xscreensaver the
app that X starts and so when I kill mythfrontend, xscreensaver is left
running which leaves X running.

> Actually I run the frontend from a shellscript in a terminal. That
> way I can easily look at the log with Alt tab. If I close the frontend
> (either regularly or with kill) I get a menu with several options,
> with a simpel enter restarting the frontend. I have planned for the
> future to get my remote working there. Also I sometimes want to play
> radio, which is running from a script in another terminal on another
> virtual screen. (no big program but ivtv-radio running as service with
> the script for changing channel or volume) etc.

Sounds like you want/need a window manager then.

Just to be clear, this is not the type of environment where I am
advocating not using a window manager.

b.