[mythtv-users] Updated mythbuntu theme version 28 (for MythTV 0.27)

glenb at glenb.us glenb at glenb.us
Fri Apr 11 22:42:52 UTC 2014

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Kevin Johnson
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎April‎ ‎11‎, ‎2014 ‎3‎:‎28‎ ‎PM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Kevin Johnson <iitywygms at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.  When using the guide or other menus, it keep thinking my tv has burn in.
> The area behind the title, description, and date/time is slightly darker
> than the rest of the background.  I know this is probably by design, but if
> I had a choice, I would have all the background one shade of colour.

Are you sure you are on the latest version? 28.8 did precisely this,
made the background a single color. The background is actually the one
posted here https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=110&p=462#p477

I am on the latest.  BUT after thinking about this.  I have a custom xml file that I keep in my home directory.  I had changed it to put a button for opening xbmc from the mythtv menu.

I should remove all that, reinstall the latest theme and test it again.

> 2. This might be something else in my setup, but when changing channels in
> flashes to the main menu for a brief second.  Not a big deal but if I could
> fix that I would.  Did not do that on previous versions. (at least that I
> remember)

Are you also changing to a different input on that? That seems really odd.

Again, I should do a fresh theme install and see if that helps.  But from what I am reading I am not the only one experiencing this.  And no, I am not switching inputs.

Just a follow up to the above.  I removed all the custom xml files from my home directory and tested.  I still get the brief flash to the main menu if i change channels using the guide.  If I use just the up or down arrows (on screen?) then it changes channels without issue.

I switched to terra theme and did the same test.  Terra does not flash to the main menu at any time while changing channels.

I did notice that when it flashes to the main menu, it is distorted.  Not sure how to describe it.  Kind of like the background is not getting fully painted and blotchy looking.

I could switch back to a earlier theme?  I read how to do that somewhere on this list.

Should I do that?  It is really a minor thing and does not bother me.  But if you want to chase this down I can try anything you ask.

I still have the two tone background.  The theme chooser tells me I am on 28.8

I get the same from the live tv. I had to make some alterations to theme because my encoders are mostly in double digit numbers after changing tuners. on the upcoming recordngs the double digits would not display the font was so big. I reduced that window to 22 point font and it displays the tuner numbers. I also reduced all the 30 point to 28 point and to me it all works very well and the theme is really good. thanks to Thomas for all the work on this.