[mythtv-users] Unable to skip forwards during DVD playback

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Apr 14 10:42:37 UTC 2014

On 14/04/14 10:45, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> On 04/14/2014 09:04 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> My understanding of UOP is that it would prevent the fast-forward key
>> from working at all.  The OP seems to have been able to skip forwards
>> to the place he wanted to play from and then had it go back to the
>> beginning.
>
> That is correct: I was able to fast-forward to where I wanted to resume
> playing, but playback instead resumed from the beginning.

I haven't used the DVD player much, usually using a stand-alone device,
or vlc to check iso images from MythArchive before burning them.  That's
partly because the Myth system is usually pretty busy when I want to
watch a DVD, and also because historically I have found Myth DVD
navigation to be less than intuitive.  During Recording playback I
usually skip around with the editor.

I find chapter-navigation (PageUp/PageDown) works, and skipping by whole
minutes (Number followed by Left/Right arrow) works.  FF x3 seems OK and
plays with sound, FF x5 doesn't work for me,  FR isn't usable.  SpaceBar
resumes normal playback from FF.  But this may all depend on the DVD,
and YMMV...

John P