[mythtv-users] Problem with boot time system lockup on new install of Mythbuntu 12.04

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 16:41:55 UTC 2014

> Not in this case. He clearly states he is running scripts in rc2.d which means
> runlevel 2, which happens after all rcS.d scripts are run. The S is prepended to
> scripts in the rcn.d directories to indicate start scripts; the stop scripts are
> prepended with a K.

Sorry I had to dug deep for the naming conventions of the runlevels.
It's long time ago I worked with non-gentoo.
But if the crash happens in the rc2 runlevel, there could be a dbus
log. Look after a crash for a file /var/log/dmesg or maybe something
similar. Also write down what then has finished successful. These last
you can remove from the suspect list. Comparing with a full list of
services would give a list of suspects. With shift-pageup/down you
might be able after the crash to scroll the screen.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop