[mythtv-users] Unable to skip forwards during DVD playback

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 16 10:51:00 UTC 2014

On 04/16/2014 03:03 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> On 04/14/2014 01:10 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> That said, try again, but this time use the SELECT key to exit sticky
>> forward mode.
> This did it, thank you very much. Thanks in particular to Mike for the
> detailed write-up of the background.

I just wish I knew more about why it works the way it does when you hit
play/pause rather than select.  It seems most people don't know how to
exit sticky ffwd/rew mode and assume they do so with the "play" button
on their remotes (which is often mapped to P = Pause).

Since I don't know why it works the way it does, I'm wary of suggesting
it be changed, but the current approach doesn't seem very intuitive.

Mike