[mythtv-users] EIT Data, what to delete before a full tuned scan?

cvb at kruemel.org cvb at kruemel.org
Fri Apr 18 08:19:52 UTC 2014

>> Now, apparently I'm missing one truncate in the script above, because,
>> after the last full scan, one channel was missing which I
>> (accidentally)
>> thereafter added by scanning the existing transports. That particular
>> channel (and only that one) is not showing any EIT data. So I deleted
>> all channels again with the above script, did a full tuned scan again
>> -
>> but that channel does not show any EIT data in mythtv still. (It did
>> before the scan, and it still does on my TV, so I'm almost certain
>> that
>> it is a configuration issue in mythtv.)
>>
>> What else would I need to delete before a full tuned scan?
>
> Check dtv_multiplex if you are using a really old version before
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/3c3dd7c5372aefe9b597f2fc0b3509a61e4f2e37

Yes, I'm using a really old version - 0.24, as provided with Ubuntu
12.04 LTS.

With my quite limited knowledge on coding, I read through that twice
now. I'm still not entirely sure, which data in the database gets messed
up when I don't do a full tuned scan and where that data gets stored. My
preferred approach would be to fix it, second best option would be for
me to know what exactly I need to delete. :-)

Even though I could not find anything obvious in dtv_multiplex, I'll try
running my delete script again now, also truncating dtv_multiplex.

SDT doesn't appear to be the issue, as it worked until I did a fresh
scan. And it also works for all other programs from the same
broadcasting company. I'm pretty sure that once I delete the offending
data, it will work again.

> Useonairguide is "1" for the channel?

Yep. :-)

> PS: if you truncate program you should also truncate the detail tables
> that refer to entries in program... IIRC programgenres, programrating,
> credits

They're all empty, but I'll add that to my script as well, thanks!