[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime / Comcast Activation / access = not-subscribed

Philip Isaacs showcasefloyd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 15:02:31 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 12:14 PM, John Adams <mythtv at onevista.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:40:47 -0400
>> Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com> wrote:

>> You need to call the cablecards number and ask that your card be
>> "provisioned".  That's your problem
>> --
>> John Adams (johna at onevista.com)

Day 3 - And still no HDHR CC

I'm not complaining, but I feel like the reason I decide to go this route
was because of all the people saying how great this was and how easy the
set was for them. Not so much for me.

Spent about an hour on the phone with another guy, who really seemed to be
trying to help, but it's still not working. I've spoken now three times to
the people at the Cable Card activation (203 405 2298) line and each time
none of them have heard of an HD Homerun Prime. I mentioned that I believe
the Card needs to be "provisioned" and the guy actually giggled at me as
said, "yes, yes, I know". So that didn't help. When I told them I was using
it with Myth running on a Linux OS, it was like I was speaking another
language, of course. He was familiar with Windows Media Center and kept
asking me why I'm not using that (not helping really). I guess I'm starting
to ask myself the same question, except, that I don't actually own an
Windows OS at this time (and havn't since about 2008).

Supposedly they tech I spoke to unpaired and repaired it to my device, but
that didn't seem to help.

Also he seemed very hung up on the fact that my Cable Card (Cisco) doesn't
actually have a DataID number, which I guess they need, but of course I
couldn't help that. H

So I'm curious what I should do next.

Is it possible the Cable Card is bad. It appears to work fine and all the
activation is successful.

Every time I try to view a channel (just using the HD Homerun Gui mind run)
the same information "not subscribed"

Virtual Channel3 WFSB
Frequency573.000 MHz
Program Number7
Authorizationnot-subscribed
CCI Protectionnone
CGMS Protectionnone
Modulation Lockqam256
PCR Locklocked
Signal Strength78% (-13.3 dBmV)
Signal Quality95% (34.3 dB)
Symbol Quality100%
Streaming Rate2.958 Mbps
Resource Lock none

VLC opens and is trying to stream the picture (udp://127.0.0.0:5000) but
it's just black. Data is flowing in at a few MBPS a second.

Thoughts anymore??

SCF